First 20 g reef tank

How about $70 for the ato? Jbj auto top off. Works just as good as the "expensive" brands.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Noo!

One of my clownfish died! I saw him/her this morning being picked at by my hermit crabs. It was a very sad site to see.

As of this morning, my ammonia was 0.25-0.5 which I assume was because of the dead fish. My nitrites are 0, my nitrates are 10 (I do a 25% pwc on saturdays). my ph is 7.8-8.0

How fast should the clowns grow? I've had them for 3 weeks, and they look like they havent grown much. So, I wonder if they werent getting enough nutrition..

I always underdose with my supplements.

My plan of action is to wait until I get back from Seattle, and hopefully my tank has survived. At that point, I'll add another clownfish.

Here's my tank at 2.5 months. I have:

- 2 clownfish (1 is probably a true ocellaris)
- 1 female mccoskers flashing wrasse
- 7 hermit crabs
- 5 snails + 2 nassarius
- 1 pink pulsating xenia coral (growing fast)
- 1 euphelia coral
- 1 green alevepora coralView attachment 5306View attachment 5307
- 1 green candy cane coral
- 1 blue zooanthid

I think I'm done adding fish. I will most likely add a kenya tree or something similar on that middle rock.

help!

I went on a 7-day vacation recently. Before I left I made sure I had my tank safe until I got back. I purchased an automatic feeder and tested it. I changed 30% right before I left. Made sure the lights were working..

I came back last night to the smell of death in my apartment :bawling:

My powerhead stopped working. It was plugged in and as soon as I "jiggled" the cord, it started working.

Sigh. 2.5 months of work and several hundred dollars down the drain.

Can I at least still use the rocks?

Sad Sukhi

what happened to the powerhead though is it running before you left ?

accidents do happen.. dont get discouraged ..

what all corals did you loose ?

help!

I went on a 7-day vacation recently. Before I left I made sure I had my tank safe until I got back. I purchased an automatic feeder and tested it. I changed 30% right before I left. Made sure the lights were working..

I came back last night to the smell of death in my apartment :bawling:

My powerhead stopped working. It was plugged in and as soon as I "jiggled" the cord, it started working.

Sigh. 2.5 months of work and several hundred dollars down the drain.

Can I at least still use the rocks?

Thank you for your console.

Our building had some power fluctuations, which probably damaged the powerhead. I should have purchased an expensive surge protector with battery backup.

I'm not sure what corals I lost. I'm replacing my water today, and I'll let it sit for a week or so. If the corals survived, they should open up.

I was disappointed at first, but I will rebuild.

Back