My Coral are Dying. Please Help!

mvpttk

Hello there

i don't know buy my hard coral dying. everything is perfect.

i don't know is it too much light. or what

check pictures.

ALK - 5
CAL - 420
Nit - 0
PO4 - 0
MAG - I don't know
Temp - 80
PH - 8.2
ORP - 400
Salt - 32

i do 20% water change every 20 days with kent marine reef salt. but my alk always stay at 6 or 7.

please help.

Thank You
TarakView attachment 18535View attachment 18536View attachment 18537

my tank picture
View attachment 18542

Last edited:
Usually if mine start to show signs like that it's either Alk or Salinity. As was said above, we need more information. Right now I am going to go out on a limb and say something is wrong with the little amoumt of information you listed.

RicoReef

Sps y are you so sensitive ? I've learned that sps is another game for the pros right now am just studying parameter and how to keep them ware they need to be every sps frag I've bought does good for a couple days then boom stn or ether heat or alk swing and ph ?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Yep, need more info, but I'd guess you have had an alkalinity swing or your alk has gotten low.....or high.

latinreefer

have you had any temp swings recently?

- - - Updated - - -

i recently lost a sps colony because of a temp swing, chiller went out and I didn't know it. it showed on but it wasn't cooling water.

Smitty

Premium member
How often are you doing your water changes, and what's the alk level of the newly made salt water? You don't seem to have enough sps corals in there to be sucking up all the alk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mvpttk

i do 20% water change every 20 days with kent marine reef salt. but my alk always stay at 6 or 7.

Yes I used kent in the past and switched to instant ocean and sps are doing much better. Alk was always low for me at 6 I believe. Always had to add soda ash (brs 2 part). I would switch salts after you get parameters stable.

#theMatrix

So in my experience...if your going to attemp to dose.
What i did was. I checked my alk and it was at 7ish. So i started raising it daily 1.2 daily by adding regular uncooked baking soda per brs alk calculator. This

So for instance. My alk was 7 and wanted to raise it to 8.4 in a day i would add the amount of baking soda per the brs calculator. The next day it would be right at 8.3 from consumption. So i would check the calculator and the next day i would want to raise it to the daily safe lvl till i reached 11. I now keep my alk at 10 and have been maintaining it with kalk.

Kalk is great. Stable.
So kalk. I made a kalk drip from a 1gal container with an IV drip line with regulator. And drip 2 drops per second. And this drips into the sump 2tsp per gal mix it up. Let it settle and use the next day.

Ask questions im sure these guys know more

Last edited:

Smitty

Premium member
Imo, It'll probably be easier to switch your salt, vs trying to dose. You may not have enough demand for dosing. Just use a salt mix like reef crystals, which has higher levels of alk and cal.