Need help with Cannon rebel xs

Rich130981

My wife has the camera above, and we miss placed the manual. This was one of those purchases she had to have but never learned how to use. So we basically have minimal understanding of the camera. I asked Kratos how he is able to take pics with the LED's. The blue always washes mine out. He said I need to adjust my white setting on the camera. So anyone know how to do this with the camera I have. If there is more to getting a great picture please due tell.

Herbie

Banned
I have a rebel xti from 2003, so it may be similar. I'm going to try this from memory, but let me know if it is completely or a little different.
1. put a large piece of white plastic in the tank in the area you want to shoot. (I use a tupperware lid because WB cards are not free)
2. Take a picture of it on your auto setting. try to fill the whole viewfinder because the white balance takes an average of the entire image. (focus does not matter)
3. now hit the menu button and go to custom WB
4. the last picture you took comes up. Use left and right select if you want a different one.
5. Press the "set" button (center of directional buttons)
6. Now shoot your tank with the room lights off, your flow off (if necessary) and as perpendicular to the glass as possible. Use a tripod and put the setting on P or M mode (auto won't use the custom white balance).
7. Post awesome new amazing shots on ChicagoReefs.com so we can drool on your candy.

Rich130981

Thanks Herbie when I have time later today ill post my zoas and a few other corals. I have a few sick zoas but I can never get the color I see.

Herbie

Banned
Thanks Herbie when I have time later today ill post my zoas and a few other corals. I have a few sick zoas but I can never get the color I see.
Tangency taught me about the average of the whole shot. Using Custom WB changed my photog skills a million percent, and that made the results that much better.