New 40 Breeder Build

u8enydy6.jpg

Enough work on the tank today..
Have it 3/4 filled have some old tank water, sand, live rock from nuvo 16 plus some new salt water and sand..
Plan tmmrw is break down the biocube 29.. Move the water and sand to 40 breeder.. Wait till water settles add zoas, palys and lps and will add sps maybe tuesday along with the fish and inverts and nems..

u8enydy6.jpg

Enough work on the tank today..
Have it 3/4 filled have some old tank water, sand, live rock from nuvo 16 plus some new salt water and sand..
Plan tmmrw is break down the biocube 29.. Move the water and sand to 40 breeder.. Wait till water settles add zoas, palys and lps and will add sps maybe tuesday along with the fish and inverts and nems..

You've been busy little guy! Looks good

Seems like a lot of light for a small 40B, I uderstand the importance of maintianing SPS but once you reach in the 200 range for Par thats enough to grow SPS. Not sure I understand why 2 fixtures would be needed? Also good selection of Tank I am liking the 40B builds that have been coming up lately... :) Nice work

Seems like a lot of light for a small 40B, I uderstand the importance of maintianing SPS but once you reach in the 200 range for Par thats enough to grow SPS. Not sure I understand why 2 fixtures would be needed? Also good selection of Tank I am liking the 40B builds that have been coming up lately... :) Nice work

Hey, who's to question how he chooses to support our fine local sponsor? One would work sure, but par will drop off bad to the sides of a 36" wide tank. With 2 he can keep sps everywhere in the tank and have even lighting from edge to edge.

Went with two fixtures just cause i wanted to get around the same light intensity as i had in my biocube 29.. Good thing with this light is if they are to strong i can always dial them dwn.. Thanks would go with a bigger tank but this is the biggest i can do till i move lol

Hey, who's to question how he chooses to support our fine local sponsor? One would work sure, but par will drop off bad to the sides of a 36" wide tank. With 2 he can keep sps everywhere in the tank and have even lighting from edge to edge.

I wasn't questioning the sponsor he chooses, in fact he can use whatever sponsor he sees fit to support... :).. BUt I understand the lost of par on the sides I am sure raising it off the water 20" will get him enough spread and still have enough par to put SPS anywhere... Heck I have mine about 16 inches off the water line and my tank is 24" deep and I am still getting fantasic growth from my fixture from that high on the bottom. These fixtures are powerful and I am running my blue @ 100% and whites @ 80%... But hey if he wants to use 2 then thats fine just tryig to save the guys some cash for more corals :)

FYI, for everyone asking this question, 1 of our fixtures would indeed be enough for a 40b. Jeff just wanted to have complete and even light coverage for the full length of the tank, which he could then dial down as needed.

+2 i just wanted even light coverage.. :)
Thanks for the lights by the way jimmy :)

After a long day from work and a long day moving stuff.. i finally have everything moved over to new tank :) everything moved well.. Only thing is i cant find my fricking possum wrasse.. And i left out the melenarus for now..

vahyveju.jpg
py9y8aha.jpg
ety5ezuh.jpg
gyhynu8y.jpg
quqezyba.jpg
amahu8y6.jpg
y3yqe2e7.jpg
6epevane.jpg

TANK UPDATE
everything is more settled now and im seeing some crazy growth from all my corals and especially my znp's and sps.. and hairy mushrooms lol

enjoy the pics :)

FTS
je6uBETl.jpg

EB6e5OOl.jpg

My Favorite in my tank :)
LLf5j90l.jpg

PqVgub1l.jpg

ld3qu2rl.jpg

Shiitaki Mushroom lol
CGOCyENl.jpg

Torch and plate coral
gQ6wQm8l.jpg