maxspect gyre xf-150

Nice pick up Lunacris! I should have waited and picked mine up at the show, instead I have to wait until mine arrives Wednesday, lol. I even asked him at the show, think it will be too much to have two of them running on a DSA 105 and he was like oh god yes. I said are you sure, just looking for an excuse to have 2, lol.

Found this on MarineDepot site. Need to clean the pump every month with a complete disassembly. Now I think I understand why they come with spare rotors and cages.

[video=youtube;gMG4VYHlM9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMG4VYHlM9U[/video]

Last edited:
Found this on MarineDepot site. Need to clean the pump every month with a complete disassembly. Now I think I understand why they come with spare rotors and cages.

[video=youtube;gMG4VYHlM9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMG4VYHlM9U[/video]

I wonder if I can just soak in vinegar/water instead of complete disassembly.
Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing myself. But when I talked to CoralVue they said that that they aren't spares. They are the B set for reverse current.

Would the magnet be strong enough to attach through 1/2 inch acrylic? Wondering if I could use this on a 3 sided zero edge.

I saw this on Adam's (BattleCorals) shallow tank last week. To sum it up, you won't believe what it can do until you see it, and then you'll still be shocked.

Ok, I'm slowly getting sucked into the hype. Can anyone let me know if they're running one of these along with dual MP40wes. I attended the session on water flow at the aquarium expo and I can honestly see a benefit to running all in unison.

Ok, I'm slowly getting sucked into the hype. Can anyone let me know if they're running one of these along with dual MP40wes. I attended the session on water flow at the aquarium expo and I can honestly see a benefit to running all in unison.

I have a 48"x24" tank and only using 1 gyre by itself. tremendous amount of flow. only able to go up to 30%. anything higher than that and my sand start moving.

Well, I joined the club today. My first impression is very well made pump, small footprint in tank. Looks so much better without other pumps in there. Flow it generates is tremendous, very easy to understand controller. Unfortunately it is not silent, it is quiet when on constant flow mode under 40%, but higher flow and the noise becomes very noticeable. When pulsing, it is pretty annoying when ramping up and down. Almost like vortech pumps. Keep in mind that my system is very quiet, almost silent. Can't hear any of my equipment when couple of feet away, so to me noise generated by this pump is noticeable. Most tanks are louder then mine, so most people will not have problem with it. Right now i will keep it on constant mode, switching only to pulse when tv is on and kids running around. They kill the noise, lol. Hopefully it will become quieter with time. Overall it is a good pump with much better price point then Vortechs. We will see about longevity as time goes by. I am keeping my tunzes as a back up , just in case it fails or I get tired of noise like i did when i had vortech MP 40'S.

Back