maxspect gyre xf-150

Well, I joined the club today. My first impression is very well made pump, small footprint in tank. Looks so much better without other pumps in there. Flow it generates is tremendous, very easy to understand controller. Unfortunately it is not silent, it is quiet when on constant flow mode under 40%, but higher flow and the noise becomes very noticeable. When pulsing, it is pretty annoying when ramping up and down. Almost like vortech pumps. Keep in mind that my system is very quiet, almost silent. Can't hear any of my equipment when couple of feet away, so to me noise generated by this pump is noticeable. Most tanks are louder then mine, so most people will not have problem with it. Right now i will keep it on constant mode, switching only to pulse when tv is on and kids running around. They kill the noise, lol. Hopefully it will become quieter with time. Overall it is a good pump with much better price point then Vortechs. We will see about longevity as time goes by. I am keeping my tunzes as a back up , just in case it fails or I get tired of noise like i did when i had vortech MP 40'S.

mine was kinda loud in the beginning. It's quiet now after it builds up the slime. just give it a few days.

I'm also joining the Maxspect Gyre club today. I'm impressed with how much flow this thing pushes and how much better my tank looks. I went from 4 pumps to 1 and now all I have to worry about is one pump to shut down when feeding. Plus the inside of my cabinet looks cleaner. I actually took it apart (watched the video first) so that I have a feel for the pump and the build quality is real good.I am currently running it horizontally and in pulse mode @ 50%. It does remind me of the MP40's I had as far as noise level but I'm actually ok with it at this time. My wife also notice the noise but not the pump:). I was able to level my sand and not have anymore bare spot which is another plus.

I put mine in the tank saturday. I have 150g tall and at 70% it was audible at first but is quiet now. My sand does not move but the flow is great. It is stiring up a lot of detritus in my tank and took a a bit to clear up. Its a great pump. I bought two so I could get a better deal but I now realize one is plenty.

Ivebeen really tempted to get one of these to replace my mp40 & 10 in my 75. Only problem is I hate buying new things cause they always have issues when things are new lol

Question for this. Back a few years ago when I got into reefing, I was always told u want random flow and not circular flow. Correct me if I'm wrong doesn't this pump just create a circular/vortex flow? Have the rules changed? Lol still contemplating on getting this

Question for this. Back a few years ago when I got into reefing, I was always told u want random flow and not circular flow. Correct me if I'm wrong doesn't this pump just create a circular/vortex flow? Have the rules changed? Lol still contemplating on getting this

it can do pulses like mp10 from what i have heard ..

How are everybody's pumps doing so far? Still happy with them? Still thinking about getting one for my 180.

I'm still happy with mine, requires cleaning every month or it starts to get loud. I haven't disassembled it to clean. I just soak it in a bucket with 50/50 vinegar-water mix and then run it in the bucket with the vinegar/water mix for a couple hours to losen up all coraline/crap growth and it goes back to running silent

How are everybody's pumps doing so far? Still happy with them? Still thinking about getting one for my 180.

I've had mine for just over 3 weeks and I'm VERY happy with the water movement. As I've posted elsewhere, I'm using this pump in my new DSA 105 build and as a point of comparison. I've had two MP40wes running for just over a year in my 90g. I like both, but for different reasons. If you're looking for a massive amount of flow, the Gyre wins hands down. I run mine at 30% and occasionally crank it up and watch in amazement.

I've had mine going 3 weeks as well. I'm really impressed with this pump. I run it on a 40% setting in a 125. I may try alternating flow just to see what happens. I still have my mp40 going too, but on variable setting to create random cross flow.

Mine is doing well and I love the flow. I added a small piece of rubber between the magnets and it's pretty silent.

I suggest when you decide to clean to make sure you put the grille back on the same way you took it off. Look at the picture from the box and align the same way. I splashed out 1/2g if not more because of that ....ask [MENTION=259]MMreef[/MENTION]. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes i was doing some reading and someone posted the 150 is silent if moved off the glass more ,basically your hearing the motor sound bounce off the glass , and in same thread with the 130 it was stated that is is not the case for the smaller version. it is audible even not on the glass .

today my new gyre mounts arrived and couldnt be happier with the sound . installed the take away outside tank noise 100% . now to wait for new controller and see what they come up with

Back