Poidog's 70g Tech Tank Build

I have the same container and Fill up ever 1 1/2. But it looks very clean. The thing that's sucks in my stand is there isn't much room so no matter how organize I try to make it it just looks crowded .

Same here, just recently switched to a 2.5g dispenser. Got tired of filling the 1g drinking water jug every day or two, had to move things around to make it fit under the stand. You think that tech tank stand is a tight fit, work with a 22" sq footprint! I've seen a few people get matching stands / tables to put next to the tank and keep a 5g+ container in that for top off, I will probably be doing that as a winter project, would you have room for something like that next to your tank? Might even be able to put a frag tank on that stand and pipe it into your system for when all that nice stuff needs trimming!

Might even be able to put a frag tank on that stand and pipe it into your system for when all that nice stuff needs trimming!

Shhhhhh! That's what I'm looking to do in another year or so! Don't tell the husband tho! Haha

Well I just spent my MCF party budget today at MCF! Haha. Pic coming soon!

Lol come on Eric u know u have a secret stash somewhere lol.

Shhhhhhh you to! haha

Here is my score! Just acclimated and in the tank, not bad for an iphone pic

scoli.JPG

haha. It's doing well so far :) Jose grabbed it and decided to use it as the door to his burrow, so I had to move it to the other side of the tank.

:welcome:

They can drive you nuts can't they! My yellow watchman has buried a clam before. I have to place lr under the sand to build an area for my coral that is placed on the sandbed to protect them from getting buried. As soon as I do that he and his little buddy pistol shrimp pop up on the there side!

I have to place lr under the sand to build an area for my coral that is placed on the sandbed to protect them from getting buried.

they do drive me crazy sometimes! Jose likes to grab clams if they are in reach and he's been making sand piles in the tank for no reason. I just think he likes dunes.

What did you mean from the quote above? I can't figure it out.

they do drive me crazy sometimes! Jose likes to grab clams if they are in reach and he's been making sand piles in the tank for no reason. I just think he likes dunes.

What did you mean from the quote above? I can't figure it out.

I've been burying small pieces of live rock under the sand and then placing coral or clams on top of the rocks. It's been helping keep the coral in place when the goby/shrimp start digging.

Take a look at this picture. I buried a rock under the sand and then placed this chalice on top. It helps keep it stable.

DSC_0913.jpg

ahhhhh gotcha. Then it has a rock to grow out on too. I've been doing this for my acans, but I need to break off a couple more flatter peieces of rock for my others that are just on the sand.

Back