r33fswagg3r's Frag/Nem Tanks

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
Well, the Frozen and Chilled have already taken to each other. The Flurry was cast out and attacked. Took the Flurry out and put him in the Fusion 10 with Booyah's Blackhawk, atleast they are the same size.

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
The DLH got me a Canon DSLR and Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro Lens for Valentine's Day! Now I just have to figure out how to use it. LOL

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
Finally got the frag tank stand put together yesterday. Epoxied all the pocket holes today so now it's a waiting game for it to cure before I can sand those and start with inside painting and outside staining. Left side of the stand will house everything electrical and controllable in a separated compartment. Picked up the sump I designed to my specs today.

View attachment 9154

View attachment 9155

View attachment 9156

View attachment 9157

View attachment 9158

View attachment 9159

My custom sump. Black all the way around except the clear front and clear top trim. Left side of the sump will be my refugium with overflow teeth, refugium overflows to the right. Middle chamber is my floating skimmer chamber with adjustable weir and directly behind that is my dedicated overflow crash box before water enters the skimmer chamber. Skimmer chamber empties to the left. Both refugium and skimmer chamber then flow under the floating skimmer chamber into the reactor chamber on the right side of the sump. Sump will have external pumps. The bottom of the sump is a black plate so I had a 1/2" clear plate made that the sump will sit on. I will drill the back edge of the clear plate so I can recess led's into the back trim of it so that it looks as though the bottom of the sump is glowing without allowing that light to actually escape into the sump itself.

View attachment 9160